What We Believe
What we believe about God and His Word:
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20, 21)
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Is. 43:10; Titus 3:4; Matt. 3:13-17, 28:19)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. (Matt. 1:20-23; Phil. 2:5-9; Is. 7:14)
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of the Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate. (John 20:1-16; Acts 1:9; Heb. 4:14-16)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, and that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, which is revealed in thought, word, and deed. (Gen. 1:26, 27; Rom. 3:23; 6:23)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood. (1 Peter 3:18; 2 Cor. 5:21; Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 5:8, 17; 6:23)
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God; that they are indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit and so are secured unto the Day of Redemption.
(Titus 3:5; 1 Cor. 12:4-7, 13; 1 John 3:2; Eph. 4:11-13, 30; Rom. 12:4-9)
- We believe that the Church of Jesus Christ was begun at Pentecost, is composed solely of believers, is the Body and Bride of our Lord, is distinct from Israel, and that its business is to complete itself through the winning of lost souls to Christ. (Acts 1:8; Acts 2; Eph. 5:22-23)
- We believe that Jesus Christ instituted the Lord’s Supper to commemorate His death till He comes. We believe that water baptism is an ordained testimony, portraying the believer’s union with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.
(1 Cor. 11:23-26; Acts 8:36)
- We believe that God created man and woman in His image, different, but equal. God instituted marriage as a covenant relationship between one man and one woman. His intent is that marriage last for life. It is further a picture of the relationship between Christ and His church.
(Gen. 2:4-25; Matt. 19:4-6; Rom. 1:18-32; I Cor. 6:9-11, 18-20; 7:1-3; Eph. 5:3-7, 22-33; Heb. 13:4)
- We believe in “that blessed hope,” the personal and imminent coming of our Lord into the air for His saints. (1 Thess. 4:16-18; Acts 1:11)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost. (1 Cor. 15:51-54; Rev. 20:15)
- We believe that Satan, a fallen angel, is the god of this age, the adversary of Christ and His Church, and that his destiny is eternal punishment. (2 Cor. 4:4; Rev. 20:10)