|Steve Mason, Children’s Pastor|
Year Began at Northlake: Attended since 2006, Employed since 2008
Family: I met my lovely wife, Terri, when I was eighteen years old, and pretty much fell head over heels in love. Somehow I convinced her to marry me on February 27, 1987. One thing led to another, and we now have four awesome kids here, and one in heaven!
Life Verse: Wow, I love them all. I’d have to say Phil. 2:1-5 ranks up there at the top.
"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus..."
Where were you living when you were in first grade? O’Fallon, Illinois
- Books: The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkein; Hand Me Another Brick, Chuck Swindall.
- Superhero: Buzz Lightyear – he may not fly, but he falls with style!
- TV show: West Wing
- Food: Tough one, I like it all. Probably Thai.
- Local Restaurant: On Rice
- Music: Is anybody paying close attention? Classic Rock (with a little heavy metal thrown in there), Lincoln Brewster is pretty awesome too.
- Vacation Spot: Troublesome Creek Campground (Index, WA)
Place you'd like to travel to (that you've not yet been): Galapagos Islands, or the Bahamas.
Dream for Northlake: I look forward to the day when our biggest problem is not having enough space for all of the kids who are flocking here, even after having built a big children’s building! And seeing those kids going out into the community and changing it for God! Let’s go!