Nickname: Not telling…I grew up in Bellevue, WA, the 3rd of 4 kids, with a love of both music and sports (whatever season it was, that was the sport we played). After graduating from Bellevue Christian School in 1989, I spent a few wandering years at a Bellevue Community College before hearing and responding clearly to the call from God to pursue ministry full time. I transferred to Northwest University where I received a B.A. in Church Music with a second major in Biblical Studies. I love music, love leading worship, and love working with our staff, Elders, and all the leaders of Northlake to see people grow closer to Christ. I have an amazing wife and son and still participate in sports, hiking, photography, and anything else that gets me outside.
Year Began at Northlake: December, 2005
Family: Julie and I have been married since November, 2002; and we are blessed with our son, Brennan, born April of 2010.
Colossians 3:23: “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord…” and - Psalm 108:1: “My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all of my soul.”
Where were you living when you were in first grade? Bellevue, WA…lived there until college years.
- Hobbies/Leisure Time: Mountain biking on Galbraith, golfing, soccer, hiking, photography, fishing, anything outdoors. Also love to write and blog a bit.
- Books: Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Heaven (Randy Alcorn), The Rest of God
- Superhero: Superman – he can fly.
- TV show: Whatever is on ESPN or the Fox Soccer Channel…my wife and I also like to watch Castle or Elementary
- Food: Love all kinds of food, but especially Japanese food
- Local Restaurant: My favorite lunch spot is Taco Lobo or Chipotle; favorite date spot is probably Anthony's
- Music: Christian music - Phil Wickham, David Crowder, Matt Redman; secular music – Sting. Have all his stuff!
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Maui (Kihei, to be exact)...love the beaches, and it’s less “touristy” than other parts of Hawaii.
- Favorite Weekend Activity: On many Saturdays, Brennan (my son) and I go down to Starbucks together and walk around downtown and have breakfast.
Place you'd like to travel to (that you've not YET been): Italy…would love to experience the food and culture, and everything else it has to offer.
Dream for Northlake: To see a church whose members are consistently growing closer to God, to each other, and reaching out to others. To see a church that worships with passion and truth.