|Jeff Geise, Senior Pastor|
Position/Title: Senior Pastor
I was born in Seattle and grew up here in Washington State, splitting my growing up years mostly between the Tri-Cities (Pasco) and Kirkland where we settled down in Junior High. I am a proud graduate of Lake Washington High School in Kirkland – GO KANGS and Puget Sound Christian College.
I did not grow up going to church but I came to Christ while a junior in High School through the ministry of Young Life and a godly Christian teacher. While in my first year of secular college I felt the call from God to full time vocational ministry. It was during my sophomore year in college that I enrolled at Puget Sound Christian College to pursue God’s call on my life. While attending PSCC, I met and then married my wife Cindy…the second best decision I’ve ever made! The best decision I ever made was accepting Christ as my Lord and Savior.
I have served in ministry for over 36 years. Before accepting the call to serve as the Senior Pastor here at Northlake in the spring of 2011, I was privileged to be involved in some great churches and ministries. I served at Overlake Christian Church in Kirkland for nearly 18 years, Central Christian Church in Lancaster, California (our desert years) for 3 ½ years, and before coming to Northlake I was at Canyon Hills Community Church in Bothell for 14-plus years. As a pastor I have served in almost every imaginable role; I’ve served as a children’s pastor, youth pastor, college and singles pastor, overseen men’s and women’s ministry, and served as the Sunday night service teaching pastor at Canyon Hills. I also served as an adjunct instructor at my old Bible College for several years where I taught classes on ministry to youth.
I absolutely love teaching God’s Word and seeing people in church growing, worshipping, having fun and getting connected in LifeGroups and “doing life together” with a smaller community of believers. Cindy and I love life and ministry here at Northlake!!
Year Began at Northlake: Spring 2011
Family: I’ve been married to my wife Cindy for over 36 years. We have 4 adult children; Stephanie, Joshua, Benjamin and Michaela. Stephanie is married to Nathan Adams and they have blessed us with two granddaughters, Zoe and Lexie. My son Joshua works at a hospital as an Evasive Cardio Technician – and he actually runs the dept. He loves the outdoors and shooting stuff! Benjamin is married to a great young lady Kelsey and they have given us our third granddaughter - May. Our youngest daughter Michaela lives with us in Ferndale as she attends college at Western.
Life Verse: The Bible! Ok – if I have to pick one… 2 Cor. 5:9 - "So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it."
Favorite Vacation Spot: Backpacking in to Shi-Shi beach with my family and Hawaii’s not bad in a pinch. I could use another surf lesson.
Where were you living when you were in first grade? Pasco, Washington
- Books: Mere Christianity by CS Lewis, The Knowledge Of The Holy by A.W. Tozer, Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper, Chasing Daylight by Erwin McManus, God Is Closer Than You Think by John Ortberg.
- Superhero: Marshawn Lynch – Go Hawks!
- TV show: SPORTS!! Cindy and I like to watch the NCIS’s together.
- Food: I love a good fruit smoothie after I run; I also like good Mexican, a good Chicken Salad, chocolate chip cookies and don’t forget Woods. Coffee is an essential food group!
- Local Restaurant: Anthony’s and Mallards (its kind of a restaurant).
- Music: I love all kinds of music (except country). I enjoy everything from Fernando Ortega to POD, Switchfoot and Thousand Foot Crutch. Who I listen to most is Chris Tomlin. And I do love a lot of old 70s Rock and Roll
Dream for Northlake: That we would be an epicenter for Christ-centered transformation to the glory of God!